An engaging and enlightening workshop designed specifically for early educators: “Early Intervention for Early Educators,” by Chithra Thadathil, the founder of Dimensions, was held at the Little Red Hen Kothanur campus on 25 May 2023. This transformative event was aimed to equip early educators with the necessary tools, strategies, and insights to effectively intervene and support children with developmental delays or disabilities in their classrooms.
Key Takeaways from the Workshop by Chithra Thadathil
- Introduction – understanding types of developmental delays and disabilities and terminologies.
- How to identify a child with learning differences and communication delays
- How to create an environment that will support learning for children with sensory needs, communication delays and disabilities
- Supports and accommodations for children with learning differences, communication delays and disabilities in preschool years
- How to provide parent coaching and involve parents in decision making