Month’s Theme – 👩💻The World of Work🛠️
|🎵 Profession song
|🎵 The bear went over the mountain
|🎵 Deck the halls
|🎵 A ram-sam-sam
|🎵 wish you a Merry Christmas
|🎵 Days of the week
|🎵 Jelly on the plate
📆 Important Dates to Remember
|Thursday to Monday
💡 Learnings for December
|Areas of Learning
|– Concept of counting 2’s
– Recap of addition
– Introduction to place value (ones , tens, hundreds )
– Count repeated groups of the same size
– Count in tens & Count in twos
– Sort familiar objects & count how many objects share a particular property, presenting results using pictures, drawings and numerals
– Subtract with pictures numbers up to 5
– Ordinal numbers
|– Introduction to 5th set of Tricky Words
– Blending 4 letter sounds/words, Hear the word after the sounds have been spoken
– Writing three letter words & Dictation
– Reading simple sentences
– Framing simple sentences
|Knowledge and Understanding of the World
|– The world of Work
– To know about different professions
– To understand the nature of each profession
– To learn about different tools, costumes used in their jobs
– To learn about the type of preparation needed to make career out of that profession.
|– Addition strip board
– Static bead & Card material
– Brown stairs
🖍️ Basic Stationery List
Parents can make the below stationary available at home for easy assistance of the child.
- Sketch Pens
- Child-friendly scissor
- Non-toxic glue bottles
📘 How can Parents help at Home?
📚Encourage your child to read simple story books.
🎶Letter sounds identification can be done through books and jolly phonic songs are easily available in You tube. Activities such as circle the tricky words in newspaper or magazines at home.
🧮Addition with simple objects at home.
🎰Numbers can be revised through counting everyday objects, tracing numbers on wet sand, salt, or rava, puzzles and number cards if available at home.
🔤Kindly help the child read simple sentences.
🧸Encourage children to place the toys back in their respective boxes/racks after playtime.